- Engine Type: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valve per cylinder, inline-four
- Displacement: 1352 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 84.0 x 61.0 mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
- Fuel Injection: DFI with Mikuni 44mm Mikuni Throttle Bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with Digital Advance
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: X-Ring Chain
- Rake/Trail: 23 degrees / 3.7 in.
- Front Tire Size: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire Size: 190/50 ZR17
- Wheelbase: 57.5 in.
- Overall Height: 46.1 in.
- Overall Length: 85.4 in.
- Overall Width: 29.9 in.
- Front Suspension / wheel travel: 43mm inverted cartridge fork with adjustable preload, stepless rebound and compression damping adjustments / 4.6 in.
- Rear Suspension / wheel travel: Bottom-Link Uni-Trak® and gas-charged shock with adjustable preload, stepless rebound and compression damping adjustments, adjustable ride height / 4.8 in.
- Front Brake Type: Dual semi-floating 310 mm petal discs with dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers
- Rear Brake Type: Single 250mm petal disc with twin-piston caliper
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.8 gal.
- Seat Height: 31.5 in.
- Curb Weight: 566.7 lbs.
- Colors: Candy Persimmon Red, Metallic Titanium/Metallic Spark Black
1,352CC Four-Cylinder, DOHC Engine
- Tuned to provide smooth power across a very wide rev range, while producing impressive horsepower numbers
- Chrome composite plated aluminum cylinder bores are lightweight, durable, and quickly carry heat away from the combustion chamber and piston for supreme durability at high power outputs
- Carefully planned engine design is compact and narrow
- Low mechanical noise via special piston profile and urethane insulation sheet on the inside of the magnesium chain cover
- Airflow into the exhaust from the large secondary air ports in the cylinder head and head cover, plus a third honeycomb catalyzer in the collector help meet strict Euro III emissions standards
- Internal silencer construction minimizes impact of emissions regulations while maintaining impressive top-end power
- Exhaust connecting tube entrances are designed to enhance low rpm torque characteristics
Gear-Driven Dual Engine Balancers
- Already in perfect primary balance, dual secondary balancers virtually eliminate unwanted vibrations for extremely smooth engine operation and reduced rider fatigue
Ram Air Induction
- Central ram air duct draws the cooler, higher-pressure air from the face of the fairing and efficiently guides it through the air cleaner and into the engine for maximum power output
Digital Fuel Injection
- 44mm Mikuni throttle bodies are fitted with sub-throttle valves, controlled by the ECU to provide precise response, make DFI® performance smoother, and help meet Euro III emission requirements
- Intake porting optimizes flow characteristics
- Injectors deliver lateral spray at a 20 degree angle to disperse the finely-atomized fuel over a wider area
- Fine-atomizing injectors produce 75µm droplet size
- 32-bit ECU works with dual throttle valve system to further enhance throttle response and control
- Digital Timing Advance enhances low-and mid-range power
- Individual spark plug-mounted ignition coils fire each of the four sparkplugs independently to achieve the optimum timing for that cylinder at that instant
- ECU includes an idle speed control system for easier starting and warm-up
Radial Pump Clutch Master Cylinder
- Hydraulic clutch features a radial-pump clutch master cylinder for smooth and precise clutch engagement and feel
Next-Generation Monocoque Aluminum Frame
- Lightweight, monocoque frame is a hollow aluminum box that arches over the engine from the steering head to the swing arm pivot. It is narrow, strong, rigid and very light
- Frame's cast aluminum sections
- steering head and swing arm pivot areas — are produced with a die casting process for further weight savings
- Rigidly mounted engine is a stressed frame member, which increases the frame's torsional rigidity and saves approximately four pounds
- Engine positioned forward in the frame, with the wheelbase and front/rear weight balance carefully designed to achieve high-speed stability and responsive handling
- Massive head pipe casting contributes to frame rigidity
- Frame houses the air box and air filter in a space-saving design that simplifies air cleaner maintenance
- Battery is also housed within the frame and has simple access through the back side of the frame
- Inverted 43mm cartridge type front fork utilizes damping rates that offer stiff initial action to resist front-end dive when braking
- Stepless damping adjustment improves suspension performance
- Excellent control and feedback from fully adjustable bottom-link UNI-TRAK® rear suspension
- Linkage rates provide linear suspension action
- Bottom-link design helps create a lower center of gravity, which makes the motorcycle more nimble
- Wheel rim center ribs are slightly offset so tire balance weights can be located precisely along the wheel's centerline
Radial Mounted Petal Front Disc Brakes
- Radial mounted four-piston front brake calipers offer greater rigidity than traditional caliper mounting, to improve brake feel
- A separate brake pad is used for each piston. Individual pads provide increased cooling efficiency and can absorb more heat without deforming, so they maintain a consistent brake feel longer
- Petal design brake discs provide better cooling and warp resistance
- Radial-pump front brake master cylinder improves brake performance and lever feel
Wind Tunnel-Designed Bodywork
- Monocoque frame goes over the engine so the sleek fairing is uninterrupted by protruding frame spars, adding to the extremely long and low styling
- Both the front and rear turn signals are integrated into the bodywork and have clear lenses to enhance the appearance
- Quadruple projector beam headlights give the ZX-14 a distinctive front fairing. The outer lights contain position lamps and the high beams, while the low beams are in the center lamps
- Lightweight Denso radiator with high-density cores provides maximum cooling efficiency
- White faced dual analog speedometer and tachometer are easy to read
- Multi-function LCD digital display includes an odometer, two trip meters, fuel gauge, gear position indicator and a clock
- Programmable shift indicator lamp illuminates at pre-set rpm to signal rider upshift
- Programmable clutch engagement lamp illuminates at pre-set rpm to signal the rider to engage the clutch
- Controller Area Network (CAN) interface between the gauges uses fewer wires yet allows a greater volume of information, such as estimated fuel mileage, to be exchanged